This time of year is amongst my favorite for spending endless amounts of time online scouring the internet for fashion inspiration. New York Fashion Week (NYFW) has come and gone, and while I love seeing the runway shots posted by fashion royalty everywhere in the social media-sphere, it’s the street style pictures that I love the best.
Fashion industry professionals, influencers and muses don their best, most fashion-forward outfits to be photographed coming and going to the runway shows and offer a glimpse into how the newest trends are being interpreted by, arguably, the most creative and eclectic class fashionistas.
I’ve browsed the likes of WMagazine, Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Marie Claire, Elle, Style.com and Vanity Fair and looked at hundreds of pictures to round up some of my faves. NYFW may be a glimpse into Fall fashion, but the street style is a peak around the corner into late Winter and Spring, and I’ve got some takeaways for you:
- Neon is still in, in a big way (yay!)
- Don’t hide away your maxis for warm weather, they can be worn through the winter too
- Apparently socks with open-toed sandals is cool now (mixed feelings about this one)
- Black and white is safe, classic and always in, but try pairing patterns together for more edge
- Floral and polka dots seems to be the patterns of choice, and judging from the runways, this is only getting bigger
- Accessories are all about structured bags and architectural shoes
I’m walking away thinking this is truly a year where anything goes. Take a peak at some of my favorite looks: