Got one of those pesky people on your shopping list who seems to have everything (or worse, not like anything)? You’ve come to the right place! We’ve rounded up a list of gifts – from the quirky to the luxurious – sure to please even the most difficult friends and relatives.
1) You’ve heard it from us before – Etsy is a gift giving goldmine. If you know anything at all about a person’s likes or dislikes, simply type it into the search bar and wait for the magic to happen. You can also browse by type of item (i.e. art, housewares, accessories, etc.) or get your inspiration from the site’s daily handpicked items. If you don’t know where to start and are in need of ideas, simply click on Gift Ideas and check out the amazing curated collection, organized by topic/recipient.
2) For the person who truly wants for nothing, a donation made in their name is a wonderful way to honour them while giving back to those in need. If the individual has an organization close to their heart, that’s a great place to start. If not, Plan Canada is a fantastic non-denominational organization doing amazing work world wide. Plan has an array of “gifts” available, from home birthing kits to cows.
3) Unless the person you’re shopping for is a total stick-in-the-mud, a board game is a fun and easy gift idea. Many of the classic games (Scrabble, Monopoly, etc.) are available as special editions, particularly around the holidays. For the social butterfly, simple games like Jenga and Pictionary can be loads of fun at parties and don’t require much in the way of concentration. A new version of a childhood favourite can also be a fun way to shake things up (turns out Clue is a fundamentally different game when played as an adult).
4) One thing that people don’t seem to have much of these days are printed photos. If your person who has everything is a digital camera user, chances are it’s been some time since they’ve sat down with a photo album of memories. Getting some favourite shots printed or compiling an album is a priceless gift that will stay with the person forever.
5) For the hipster who has everything, steal some shots from their instagram account and turn them into super cute square fridge magnets. Only $14.99 for a sheet of 9 with free worldwide shipping via Stickygram.
6) Although art can be tough to buy for another person, a small, unique print is also a great gift for someone who seemingly has everything. Society6 features the work of thousands of artists from around the world and small prints are typically under $25. If you’re not sure you’re ready to pick out a wall hanging, you’ve also got the option to turn i-phone cases, tees and tote bags into custom works of art.